IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
Container Object Pools workspace
Aggregate information about the object pools associated with Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs). It provides a view of pool performance for all Enterprise Java Beans deployed to each container.
This workspace displays data provided by the Container Object Pools attributes.
- This workspace reports blanks for resource data on the first invocation if PMI data collection is configured for on-demand sampling (that is, if your site set configuration value Resource Data Collection Method to On Demand) or if you have not yet run applications that generate PMI resource data. To report resource data in this workspace after installing and configuring the data collector, use the WebSphere administrative console to set the appropriate PMI instrumentation level.
- Because of high overhead, the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent provides on demand sampling by default. To activate PMI monitoring, first select this workspace and then select it again later. Each time you select the workspace, it displays the data collected during the interval between selections.
The predefined workspace contains the following items:
- Object Pool Rates - History graphs, which show the retrieval, return, discard, and drain rates for the EJBs in each EJB container
- Container Object Pools report, which displays:
- Aggregated information for each defined EJB container that aggregates bean object pool performance for all Enterprise beans deployed to that container
- Aggregated information for the application server that aggregates bean object pool performance data for all Enterprise beans deployed to the application server
Access the Container Object Pools workspace
To access this workspace from the EJB Containers workspace, use one of the following procedures:
Tivoli Enterprise Portal | View | Workspace | Container Object Pools
Navigator | EJB Containers (right-click) | Workspace | Container Object Pools
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications