IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
Grant Users access to Managing Server Visualization Engine from Tivoli Enterprise Portal
As a user be set up as a member of the DIAGNOSTIC USERS group in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal, otherwise you will not have access to the Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. The default administration user Sysadmin is automatically a member of this group. Any user with administrator permissions can add or remove additional users to the DIAGNOSTIC USERS group.
Before you beginTo complete this task be a user with administrator permissions to add or remove additional users to the DIAGNOSTIC USERS group. For more information about access see Prerequisites for access.
- From the Tivoli Enterprise Portal main menu, click Edit > Administer Users.
- In the Administer Users window, in the top half of the window, click the Users Groups tab.
- Click the group name, in this case DIAGNOSTIC USERS.
- In the bottom half of the window click the Members tab to view existing members of this group and to assign additional users.
- To add users, in the Available Members section select the users you want to assign to the Group.
- Click the left arrow to move the selected users to the Assigned Members section of the window.
- Click Apply and OK to implement the changes.
- To remove a user from the group click the Assigned Members tab, select the users you want to remove.
- Click the right arrow to move the selected users to the Available Members tab. Then click Apply and OK.
What to do nextUsers who are members of this group can access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. See Access the Managing Server Visualization Engine from Tivoli Enterprise Portal workspaces.
Parent topic:Workspace link to Managing Server Visualization Engine
Add the LDAP user to Tivoli Enterprise Portal user accounts
To add the LDAP user to Tivoli Enterprise Portal user accounts, use Tivoli Enterprise Portal user administration.
- In the Tivoli Enterprise Portal main menu, select Administer Users.
- Click Create New User to create a user profile from defaults, or Create Another User to create a user profile as a copy of an existing one.
- In the Modify User window, enter the user name for the new user in the User ID field.
- In the Distinguished Name field, enter the following string:uid=username,cn=users,dc=ibm,dc=comThis string registers the LDAP user with Tivoli Enterprise Portal. If you are using an existing LDAP configuration, use the applicable distinguished name.
For more information about Single sign-on refer to Appendix N Setting Up single sign on for Tivoli Enterprise Portal Users in the ITCAM for Application Diagnostics Managing Server Installation and Customization Guide.