IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 22.214.171.124
Monitoring Agent configuration and tuning is facilitated in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal through configuration workspaces. There are two configuration workspaces, one for the monitoring agent level and one for the server level:
- WebSphere Agent Configuration workspace
- Application Server Configuration workspace
Both configuration workspaces have the same tabs and configuration settings.
The WebSphere Agent Configuration workspace settings are initial settings applied to all data collectors managed by the monitoring agent. For example, when a data collector connects to the monitoring agent for the first time or if the data collector configuration was deleted. In both these examples, the configuration settings specified in the WebSphere Agent Configuration workspace are applied.
The Application Server Configuration workspace contains individual server settings and the settings in this workspace override settings in the WebSphere Agent Configuration workspace.
Sets for the WebSphere Agent Configuration and Application Server Configuration workspaces are saved in the following files:
Workspace configuration files
Workspace Configuration file WebSphere Agent Configuration workspace in windows: CANDLE_HOME\TMAITM6\hostname_productcode.xml Application Server Configuration workspace in windows: CANDLE_HOME\TMAITM6\hostname_productcode_servervendor.servernode.server name.xml WebSphere Agent Configuration workspace in other platforms: CANDLE_HOME/config/hostname_productcode.xml Application Server Configuration workspace in other platforms: CANDLE_HOME/config/hostname_productcode_servervendor.servernode.server name.xml
The WebSphere Agent Configuration workspace configuration settings are initial settings which are applied to all data collectors managed by the selected WebSphere agent. The Application Server Configuration workspace configuration settings override agent level configuration settings.
Both configuration workspaces have the following two views:
- Application Diagnostics Configuration view - this view has the following four tabs
- Collection (Basic)
- Collection (Advanced)
- Application Dashboard (Basic)
- Application Dashboard (Auto Threshold)
- Application Servers view - this view has one tab which lists all application servers monitored by the selected WebSphere agent, for each application server, there is a link to Application Server Configuration workspace.
- Application Diagnostics Configuration - Basic Tab
- Application Dashboard (Basic) tab
- Collection Advanced tab
- Application Dashboard (Auto Threshold) tab
Parent topic:Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for WebSphere Applications