IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
View the results of the Installed Binary Comparison
Review the comparison to find the differences among installed binaries on your servers. Differences in the installed binaries in a server farm can cause unexplained behavior.
View the results of the Installed Binary Comparison:
- Navigate the results of the binary comparison by clicking the expansion icon next to the server name on the left navigation pane.
- To view further details, click the server name and select either the Matched or Unmatched folders.
- To view the folder contents, in the Matched folders: select Full Match, File Name/Path/Size Match, or File Name Match, and in the Unmatched folders: select either Authoritative Only or Comparison Only.
- To perform an MD5 on a file, click Perform MD5.
You can only perform an MD5 on files that are a Full Match or a File Name/Path/Size Match. The results display whether the files matched or not at the MD5 level.
ResultsThe files in the Matched folders contain files that match to varying degrees:
- Full Match
indicates that everything matched, including the file name and path, size, and file system timestamp. These files are likely to be identical to each other. However, the user can opt to further perform an MD5 operation on the files. An MD5 is a unique numeric signature that is different for each file when the contents of the files are different, even if the creation date and the file names coincide.
- File Name/Path/Size Match
includes the files with matched file name and path, and size, but not timestamp. These files are likely to be the same. A user can opt to perform an MD5 on the files.
- File Name Match
indicates that only the file names matched. The files are unlikely to be the same.
The files in the Unmatched folders contain files that exist on either the Authoritative Server or the Comparison Server but not on both:
- An Authoritative Only indicates that the file only exists on the Authoritative Server.
- A Comparison Only indicates that the file only exists on the Comparison Server.
Parent topic:Installed Binary Comparison
Set up an Installed Binary Comparison