IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 220.127.116.11
Use IBM Support Assistant to diagnose problems
If you are having a problem with ITCAM for Application Diagnostics and the problem has been escalated to the Support team, you might be asked to use IBM Support Assistant (ISA) to create a tar file to send to the Support team. The information in this tar file helps the Support team to diagnose and fix your problem.
To download ISA
- Go to the URL http://www-306.ibm.com/software/support/isa/
- If you do not have a universal IBM user ID, you need to click register now and enter the required information. Upon completion, you can return to this page and sign in to download ISA.
- After signing in, follow the instructions to download the version of IBM Support Assistant you want to use.
- Go to the directory on your hard disk where you saved the ISA .zip file.
- Extract the files in the ISA installation directory.
- Double-click the setupwin32.exe file.
- Follow the installation instructions to install ISA.
- Open the ISA program.
Install the ISA plug-in
- Return to http://www-306.ibm.com/software/support/isa/ and download the ISA plug-in to the ISA installation directory.
- Go to the ISA installation directory where you saved the ISA plug-in .zip file.
- Extract the files in this directory.
- Double-click the setup file.
- Follow the installation instructions to install the ISA plug-in.
- From the ITCAM VE list box, select...
Help > Launch ISA > Tools > Products > IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager
- Enter the Managing Server installation directory and the PMR number the Support team assigned to your problem. Click OK.
- A script is invoked that creates a tar file for use by the Support team. A message is displayed indicating ISA successfully created the tar file. The tar file is saved to the Managing Server installation directory with the following name: PMR number.current timestamp.tar. E-mail this file to the Support team.
To collect problem determination files:
- Open ISA Workbench.
- To add the collector to the Collector Queue list...
Collect and Send Data | Collector Selection | IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics 7.1 | ITCAM for Application Diagnostics Managing Server Problem | Click | Add
- Click Collect All to run collecting.
- Enter the Managing Server installation directory and the PMR number that the Support team assigned to your problem. Click OK
- This invokes a script that creates a file...
You can send the file to this Support using ISA Workbench or e-mail this file to the Support team.
Parent topic:ITCAM for Application Diagnostics - Managing Server Visualization Engine