IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 126.96.36.199
Understanding the Date Range settings
The Date Range settings allow you to set the parameters that restrict the data you want to capture for a report. You will be given the option to modify these settings while creating a report. The Date Range settings contain three main sections: Date Range, Advanced Filtering (optional) and Graphing Option.
This section is not applicable to defining a Top report.
Set the Date Range settings:
- From the Date Range section, click to select a preset date range or enter a custom start date and end date for extracting only the data for the time period specified.
- To extract the data of a specific time period, define your custom data set in the Advanced Filtering section:
- Uncheck the hours of the day when you do not want data to display. For example, to select only data occurring between 9:00am and 5:00pm, uncheck 00:00-08:00 hours and 18:00-23:00 hours.
- Uncheck the days of the week when you do not want data to display. For example, to select only data occurring Monday through Friday, uncheck Sunday and Saturday.
- Uncheck the days of the month when you do not want data to display.
- Uncheck the months of the year when you do not want data to display.
By default, the Advanced Filtering section automatically selects all the options.
- Select any of the following options in the Graphing option for analyzing certain patterns in the data based on time characteristics, or compiling large amounts of data over a long period and plotting all the points:
- Time series in minutes
- Time series in hour
- Time series in day
- Time series in week
- Time series in month
- Aggregate minute of the hour
- Aggregate hour of the day
- Aggregate day of the week
- Aggregate month of the year
ResultsOn the Trend report, if the date range selected is <= 60 minutes, both the graph and data table will display. If the date range selected is > 60 minutes, only the data table will display.
Parent topic:Define reports
Define a Schedule report
E-mailing a report
Export a file
View a PDF file