IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 126.96.36.199
Define a Schedule report
Scheduling reports allows you to create a time for your reports to automatically activate at a time you preselect.
To define a Scheduled report:
- From the top navigation, click...
Performance Analysis > Create Application Reports > Method/Program
We will use the Method/Program report as an example. You can create a Scheduled report from a selection of the available reports.
- Select Yes to have the report recur and click Next. The Server Selection page opens.
- Select the group and the server on which you want to report from the list boxes. Select the Create a separate report for each server check box to create one report for each server without repeating the steps for each one. If you don't select the check box, the report provides all the data aggregated across all servers.
- Click Next to continue creating the report.
- Set the following options to filter the records returned in the report:
Throughput per Second, Throughput per Minute, Throughput per Hour, Response Time (ms), and CPU Time (ms).
- Method/Component Trace
Unless you know the exact string, always leave the field blank to return all traces or type in the specific method/program/component name.
The name of this field represents the names used in J2/WAS and z/OS. Method name is used in the J2/WAS environments, and Program and component name are used in the z/OS environments.
- Request Type
ALL, EJB, JSP, Servlet, CICS, Portal, and Web Service.
- Request Name
Unless you know the exact request string, always leave the field blank to return all requests or type in the specific request name.
- Click Next to continue creating the report. The Date Range settings page opens.
- Set the parameters to restrict the data returned in your report. For detailed instructions on setting the parameters, see Understanding the Date Range settings.
- To view the report, click Preview. To set a schedule for the report, click Schedule.
- Set the schedule for the report and setup an e-mail distribution list of the people you want the report sent to when it is completed. Unlike a saved report, you can not click Run Report to view the report at anytime. For a scheduled report, you can only view the e-mailed PDF of the report. Click Next.
- Enter the name of the report. Click Save or Save & Activate. For more information see View saved reports.
You can either save the report now and activate it later or you can save and activate the report at the same time.
- The Scheduled reports page opens displaying your report in the list.
Parent topic:Define reports
E-mailing a report
Export a file
Modify a report
Understanding the Date Range settings
View a PDF file