IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 22.214.171.124
Define a Method/Program Analysis report
The Method/Program Analysis report shows you the performance of the methods in the requests that have been processed by the application servers. After defining the Method/Program Analysis report, a Trend report, Decomposition report, and detailed Method/Program report are available.
To define a Method/Program Analysis report:
- From the top navigation, click...
Performance Analysis> Create Application Reports > Method/Program
- Select yes or no to decide if you want the report to recur and click Next.
For the purpose of these instructions we are selecting no. If you want further instructions on scheduling reports, refer to Define a Schedule report.
- Select the group and the server from the list box.
- Click Next to continue creating the report. The Report Filtering options page opens. It displays the options based on the Report Type you select.
- Set the following options to filter the records returned in the report:
Throughput per Second, Throughput per Minute, Throughput per Hour, Response Time (ms), and CPU Time (ms).
- Method/Component Trace
Unless you know the exact string, always leave the field blank to return all traces or type in the specific method/program/component name.
The name of this field represents the names used in J2/WAS and z/OS. Method name is used in the J2/WAS environments, and Program and component name are used in the z/OS environments.
- Request Type
ALL, EJB, JSP, Servlet, CICS, Web Service, and Portal.
- Request Name
Unless you know the exact request string, always leave the field blank to return all requests or type in the specific request name.
- Click Next to continue creating the report. The Date Range settings page opens.
- Set the parameters to restrict the data returned in your report. For detailed instructions, see Understanding the Date Range settings.
- Click View Report to view the report. To get a second data set for comparative analysis, click Next to open the Report Comparison page. The Report Comparison page opens.
- Select a report comparison type and view the comparison report by clicking View Report.
- Click Save if you want to save the report. For more information see View saved reports.
Parent topic:Define reports
Define a Schedule report
Understanding the Date Range settings
Define a Schedule report
E-mailing a report
Export a file
Modify a report
View a PDF file