IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 188.8.131.52
Create a Recent Activity report
Use Recent Activity when investigate potential memory problems relating to garbage collection and the JVM heap size. At times garbage collection might not cleanup properly or the heap may have too little memory allocated.
Create a Recent Activity report:
- From the top navigation, click...
Availability > Recent Activity Display
- Select a group and a server from the list boxes.
- For Metric 1 and Metric 2, select the two metrics you want to compare from the list boxes. The available metrics are as follows:
- # of Requests
- Avg. Response Time
- Live Sessions
- System Paging Rate
- JVM CPU
- JVM Heap Size
- # of GCs
- Total GC Time
- Avg. Heap Size after GC
The Garbage Collection options are not supported for either CICS or IMS™. When the date range is Last 48 Hours, the Avg. Response Time value equals the result of the summary of AVG_RES_TIME in this hour divided by the summary counts of AVG_RES_TIME in this hour. If no AVG_RES_TIME occurs within the hour then the result is 0. When the date range is Last 60 Minutes, the Avg. Response Time value equals the result of the summary of AVG_RES_TIME in this minutes divided by the summary count of AVG_RES_TIME in this minute. If no AVG_RES_TIME occurs within the minute then the result is 0.
- For Time, select the time when you want the system to extract the data.
- Click the OK button. A new report displays based on your selection. You can click on the bars in the graph for further details.
- Use the Recent Activity Options, you can select a different group or server, compare two different metrics, or view a different time increment.
Either heap size or garbage collection can cause a slow down in the performance of your server. Check if the heap size is too small for the number of users using the system or too small for the current workload on the system. At times, garbage collection can cause high JVM CPU usage, slow transaction response time, or a delay on the throughput. Analyze the memory in your system using the Recent Activity Display and then make the necessary adjustments.
Parent topic:Recent Activity Display
Create a Memory Analysis report
Create a Memory Leak Candidate Finder report
Set up a Heap Analysis