IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 126.96.36.199
ITCAM Agent for HTTP Servers
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager Agent for HTTP Servers provides a systems-management solution for the Web Servers for distributed platforms. Using ITCAM Agent for HTTP Servers, you can monitor multiple Web servers running on the same physical node.
The Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent collects performance data using the following methods:
- Apache servers parse the config file to get the server name and collect data by the module. The module handles all the HTTP requests.
- IIS servers collect data in two ways:
- For static information about server configuration, it uses Admin Base Object (ABO) interface, which provides access to the IIS metabase.
- For dynamic information about server availability and performance metrics, it uses Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) interface.
- Sun Web servers collect data by polling SNMP service for Web server statistics and parsing Web server configuration files to get information not provided by the SNMP subagent.
Attributes within ITCAM Agent for HTTP Servers collect data about the inner workings of a Web server and performance information about user applications running under its control.
For additional usage information about this agent, see:
- Workspaces for ITCAM Agent for HTTP Servers
- Attributes for ITCAM Agent for HTTP Servers
- Situations for ITCAM Agent for HTTP Servers
- Take Action commands for ITCAM Agent for HTTP Servers
- Glossary for ITCAM Agent for HTTP Servers
Parent topic:User Guide