IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 18.104.22.168
Pre-installation steps for NetWeaver server - J2EE Agent
- Manually backup your NetWeaver database. Use the database admin user, such as db2j2e.
- Make sure the NetWeaver system is running.
- You need to gather the information of the directories of the Server Home, the Central Instance Home, and the Central Instance Network Home. For detailed information about the directories described above, please refer to Three installation types of ITCAM for J2EE data collector for NetWeaver.
- Make sure you have got the system ID and the instance name.
- For silent installation, use the configtool to get the server ID to be monitored.
- You should know the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) port. The JNDI port is a P4 port of the NetWeaver server to be monitored.
- If distributed dialog instance installation is selected as the installation type, mount the Central instance home on central instance computer to a local directory (For example, the absolute path of Central instance home on central instance computer on is C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00, You should map or mount it to a local directory, such as \\<hostname>\usr\sap\J2E\JC00 or Y:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00), and make sure you have the writing rights. Where <hostname> is the IP address or qualified host name of the central instance computer.
Be sure to use backslash at all time on Windows platform.
Parent topic:Prerequisites for NetWeaver data collector installation