IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 126.96.36.199
Configuring ITCAM for J2EE DC for NetWeaver to monitor the CTG/JDO/MQI/IMS - J2EE Agent
When CICS Transaction gateway (CTG), Java Data Objects (JDO), Message Queue Interface (MQI), or IMS™ are deployed as libraries, if you want to monitor their requests' data, perform the following configuration steps.
Make sure there are bidirectional references between Tivoli service component and CTG/JDO/MQI/IMS library component. For example, if the CTG jars is deployed as the CTGLIB Library:
- Start the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator and connect it to the J2EE Engine.
- Select Server > Services > Configuration Adapter Service.
- Select Runtime > Display Configuration.
- Select Edit mode.
- Select cluster_data > server/dispatcher > cfg > services > <component_name>-provider.xml. In the dialog window that is displayed, add the component reference before </references>:<reference type="service" strength="weak"> tivoli </reference>.
- Select cluster_data > server/dispatcher > cfg > ext > tivoli-provider.xml. In the dialog window that is displayed, add the component reference before </references>:<reference type="library" strength="weak"> CTGLIB </reference>.
- Click OK to save your changes.
To monitor JDO, MQI, and IMS, repeat steps 5 and 6 to establish bidirectional references between JDO, MQI, or IMS library component and the Tivoli service component.
- Restart the corresponding cluster element.
If CTG/JDO/IMS/MQI deployed as libraries in the NetWeaver server and the DC is installed to monitor the server, and you want to undeploy CTG/JDO/IMS/MQI library components, firstly remove the bidirectional references between Tivoli service component and the library components to be undeployed. Otherwise, the Netweaver server can not start.
For more information about how to modify the references of a component, refer to the SAP Note (857025).
Parent topic:Post-configuration steps for NetWeaver