IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 126.96.36.199
Additional post-configuration tasks - J2EE Agent
Perform the following steps:
- Restart the instance of the application server to be monitored by the data collector.
If the application server fails to start up, data collector configuration has failed. See 2.
- You know the data collector configuration has failed if any of the following has occurred:
- After the configuration, the application server fails to restart.
- During a GUI configuration, the summary panel for the Configuration Tool indicates the configuration has failed.
- During a silent configuration, the command line indicates a message that the configuration has failed.
- After the configuration, there are messages in the Tivoli common log file that indicates configuration has failed.
- Perform the tasks described in each of the following sections, if applicable.
- If Terminal Services is enabled on Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 Server, run the following from a command prompt:change user /execute
- Distinguishing log files for multiple data collectors installed on the same server
- Enable instrumentation and monitoring of RMI/IIOP requests between two application servers
If two application servers are using Remote Method Invocation over Internet InterORB Protocol (RMI/IIOP), and enable instrumentation and monitoring of RMI/IIOP requests and view correlation icons in the Application Monitor user interface, both servers must be instrumented by data collectors connected to the same Managing Server. Also, for both application servers, set an additional JVM parameter.
- JDK 1.4.2: enabling Java core dumps and heap dumps
If you have JDK 1.4.2 J9, perform the procedure in this section.
- More than one data collector installed on a server with a firewall enabled: setting a range of port numbers
The configuration program requires you to set unique port numbers for probe.rmi.port and probe.controller.rmi.port. There will be problems with communication with the Managing Server if ports for separate data collectors installed on a server with a firewall are not unique. If you have many data collectors, it might be difficult to set unique ports for all the data collectors.
- Unix/Linux: If you used the root ID for the data collector installation and the application server is not owned and operated by the root ID
- What to do next
Parent topic:Configure the ITCAM for J2EE data collector